- Prepare your paper in PDF format. We strongly recommend using our LaTeX template (click to download template) (please, do not change single column template layout).
The paper has to contain :
- Structured abstract including sections: Background, Aim, Method, Results, Conclusion. (read more about structured abstract: 1,2, 3, 4 and 5)
- Funding/supporting sources (or information about lack of)
- Content of your submission may be structured in the following way:
- Related Work
- Conclusions and further works
- Print, read, sign and scan Copyright form.
- Create your account in Manuscript Central.
- Create new submission in Manuscript Central and submit your paper in PDF format along with Copyright form (mark it as: “Supplemental files not for review”).
- Wait for acceptance e-mail.
Take into account that submission to be accepted has to: be in scope of the journal, contain substantial scientific contribution, be submitted to our journal exclusively (the same paper cannot be published elsewhere). Check also the Review Form at the bottom of this page.
Submitted paper can be prepared in any system (Word/Writer/LaTeX) however, the final (publication) version has to be provided using LaTeX format with bibliography in BibTeX format.
We do not provide service of translating from Word to LaTeX and it is not possible to send final version in PDF only format.
Review process Submissions go through the following stages (in our submission and review system https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/e-InformaticaSEJ) before final decisions are made:
- Admin checklist: The staff of Editorial Office checks the content of submission for completeness and identifies original submission and resubmission. If the manuscript information or content is incomplete, the manuscript will be returned to the author as ‘unsubmitted’. If the manuscript is complete, the manuscript is passed to one of the Editorin-Chiefs (EiC)
- Associate Editor (AE) assignment: The EiC selects an AE to handle the submitted manuscript. For resubmissions, the same AE will be assigned unless for special reasons.
- Reviewer selection: The assigned AE selects a group of potential reviewers. For resubmissions, the AE can choose to invite the same or a different group of reviewers.
- Reviewer invitation: The AE sends review invitations to selected reviewers. The invitation contains title, author list, and abstract of the submitted manuscript.
- Reviewer assignment: The invited reviewers who do not declare conflict of interests and accept the invitation are assigned to the manuscript. The assigned reviewers will receive an e-mail with instructions and the link to the ScholarOne Manuscripts page that includes the manuscript and evaluation forms.
- Reviewer scores: The reviewers are given 1 month to finish the review and upload scores and comments onto ScholarOne Manuscripts. After the due date, ScholarOne Manuscripts will send an automatic e-mail reminder until the review is returned. If requested by the reviewer, the Editorial Office can grant extension to the deadline in ScholarOne Manuscripts. The AE can also choose to change the number of required reviewers if necessary.
- AE recommendation: After all the reviews are returned, the AE makes the accept or reject recommendation to the EiC based on the returned comments.
- Editor-in-Chief (EiC) decision: The EiC makes final decision based on reviewer comments and AE recommendation.
Uploaded file can be prepared in any way (Word/TeX/etc.), but version for publication must be created in LaTeX and BibTeX.
Acceptance criteria ara available in the review form below (e.g., scope, originality, creativity, clarity, innovation of the content, strength of analysis or theory, strength of a literature rview).